Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kellogg's C-3PO's Cereal: A New Force at Breakfast

Did you know that there once was a Star Wars breakfast cereal? Yep, Kellogg's C-3PO's were "a new Force at breakfast!" back in 1984.

I don't remember loving the taste but it sure was fun to have. They probably tasted something like Alpha-Bits or Honey Combs. Why they are "double O's" I can't explain though. They must have been ok because I think I we had them a few times.

I remember clearly a Luke Skywalker mask you could cut out from the back, if you wanted a flat cardboard painting of Luke on your face.

Much later there were also apparently Episode II and Episode III tie-in cereals for a short time, but I don't remember seeing those. In Canada we get most things but don't always get everything released in the US.

Here's a commercial that ran on Saturday mornings...

1 comment:

  1. Just noticed...when they show the "nutritious breakfast" near the end, is that a cup of coffee??

    ReplyDelete

Got a comment? Something you'd like Star Wars Kidscast to discuss? What's your favourite part about Star Wars? Comments welcome, but scum & villainy is not appreciated.

Recent Posts